William R. Roy
B.S. Geology, Indiana University, 1977 M.A. Geology, Indiana University, 1980 Ph.D. Soil Physical Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1985
- Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide in Geologic Formations
- Environmental Impacts of Agriculture
- Chemical Fate and Transport of Contaminants in Soil and Groundwater
- Coal Combustion By-Product Management
- Radioactive Waste Management
Glessner, J.J.G. and W.R. Roy. 2009. Paleosols in Central Illinois as Potential Sources of Ammonium in Groundwater. Ground Water Monitoring and Remediation, 29, 56-64.
Berger, P.M., W.R. Roy, and E. Mehnert. 2009. Geochemical Modeling of Carbon Sequestration, MMV, and EOR. Energy Procedia, 1: 3437-3444.
Tsui, L. and W.R. Roy. 2008. The Potential Applications of Using Compost Chars for Removing the Hydrophobic Herbicide Atrazine from Solution. Bioresource Technology, 99, 5673-5678.
Tsui, L. and W.R. Roy. 2007. The Effect of Compost Age on Atrazine Removal from Solution. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 139, 79-85.
Roy, W.R. and I.G. Krapac. 2006. Potential Soil Cleanup Objectives for Nitrogen-containing Fertilizers at Agrichemical Facilities. Soil and Sediment Contamination, 15, 241-251.
- Adjunct Professor in the Department of Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Illinois
- Soil Science Society of America (member since 1981)
- American Nuclear Society (member)
- Principal Investigator of "Protecting Drinking Water by Reducing Uncertainties Associated with Geologic Carbon Sequestration in Deep Saline Aquifers". Funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2009 to 2012.
- Co-Principal Investigator of "An Evaluation of the Carbon Sequestration Potential of the Cambro-Ordovician Strata of the Illinois and Michigan Basins". Funded by the U.S. Department of Energy, 2009 to 2013.
- Teaching (spring semesters) NPRE 442. Radioactive Waste Management.
- Member of the ISGS Safety Committee, INRS Naturally Illinois Expo Committee, and the Nuclear Reactor Committee (NPRE)