Olivier J. Caron
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Geological and Earth Sciences/Geosciences, Université du Québec à Montréal (University of Quebec at Montreal – UQAM)
- Map the distribution of Quaternary deposit and landforms at various scale at the land surface and in the subsurface.
- Conduct research related to Quaternary geology, climate and ecology, and applied research related to the interaction of Quaternary geology and societal needs.
- Describe, characterize, and interpret Quaternary deposit and landforms and their geologic history.
- Publish results of investigations in ISGS publication series and other venues and formats.
- Carry out and manage logistic of field work including siting of drill-hole locations and geophysical surveys.
- Drilling, geophysical and utilize a variety of analytical technique to determine the physical charateristics of geologic samples.
- Use GIS and other computer technologies to visualize and analyse data.
- Participate in professional organizations and communicate results of investigations as presentations and lectures.
- Glacial geology
- GIS, mapping and 3D geomodeling
- Glacial stratigraphy
- Will County, 3D geologic mapping program
- Geology of the Wabash River (Andrew C. Phillips)
- Geology of the Illinois River Valley (Richard C. Berg and Donald E. McKay)
- Lake Nyos Project (Cameroon, Africa)
- Geology, geochronology and 3D modelling of the Quaternary Stratigraphic sequence of the Southeastern Appalachians of Canada (Michel Lamothe and William W. Shilts).
Caron, O., Lamothe, M., Benoit, N. et Nastev, M., 2014. Modélisation géologique 3D des sédiments quaternaires du bassin versant de la rivière Chaudière, Québec; Commission géologique du Canada, Dossier public 7515, 1 fichier .zip. doi:10.4095/295183 (French) . http://geoscan.nrcan.gc.ca/starweb/geoscan/servlet.starweb?path=geoscan/fulle.web&search1=R=295183
Phillips, A.C., J.M. Gemperline, T.H. Larson, and O. Caron, 2013, Surficial Geology of Emma Quadrangle, Gallatin and White Counties, Illinois, and Posey County, Indiana: Illinois State Geological Survey, USGS-STATEMAP contract report, 2 sheets, 1:24,000. http://www.isgs.illinois.edu/?q=maps/isgs-quads/emma-surficial-geology-2013
Caron, O., 2012, MidWisconsinan sedimentology, 3D stratigraphic mapping and paleogeography in the Appalachians of southeastern Quebec, Canada; Universite of Quebec in Montreal, PhD Thesis.
Shilts, W.W., Caron, O.J., and Lamothe, M., 2007, Late Pleistocene glaciation and deglaciation in the Beauce area, from Saint-Georges to Vallée-Jonction. 99th Annual Meeting NEIGC (New England Intercollegiate Geologic Conference), October 5-7, fieldbook, p.53-78.
Caron, O., 2007, Quaternary geology of Mont-Laurier, Quebec, Canada; Universite of Quebec in Montreal, Master Thesis (French).