Illinois Water Well (ILWATER) Interactive Map
The ISGS is an official repository for records of wells drilled in the state of Illinois. Paper records are archived for over 700,000 wells. Some of these records go back as far as the late 1800s. Water and related well data can be accessed for private water wells, engineering borings, and stratigraphic borings. Contact Bill Dey, by email (email@example.com) or phone 217-244-2779, with any questions about water well records, and for assistance using the ILWATER application.
Illinois Water and Related Wells Web Mapping Applications (ILWATER)
- NEW ArcGIS Server-based Web Mapping Application - The new ILWATER application was built using Esri ArcGIS for Server version 10.1, Esri’s ArcGIS API for Flex version 3.3, and the Adobe Flex SDK 4.6.0. The application software and hardware are updated as necessary to provide greater stability and more functionality for our users.
Full map legend.
- You must have the Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer. You can install the Adobe Flash Player now by clicking on the “Get ADOBE FLASH PLAYER” button below. Otherwise, you will be prompted to install it when you launch ILWATER.
- If you continue to be prompted to install the Flash Player even though you have already installed it, try deleting the Flash Player Temp files. (Hint: Go to Control Panel > Flash Player. In the Flash Player Settings Manager dialog box, click the Advanced tab, and then click the Delete All… button. In the Delete All Site Data in Flash Player dialog box, check the box next to Delete All Site Data and Settings, and then click the Delete Data button. Finally close the Flash Player Settings Manager. Try launching ILWATER again.).
- To access well summary sheets and other reports your computer must allow traffic on port 7778.
- If you continue to experience difficulty installing the Adobe Flash Player, launching the ILWATER application, or accessing any of the links within the ILWATER application, please contact Melony Barrett.
Digital Water Well Records via Database Query
Well Records via Database Query. NOTE: To use this application with Java 7 you must create a windows environment variable named JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS with a value of this: -Djava.vendor="New Oracle".
Disable all POPUP BLOCKER software to access well records.
For general inquiries, e-mail the ISGS Database Administrator.
To purchase data, call the ISGS Geologic Records Unit at 217-333-5109.