Four ISGS publications, three outside publications, and five abstracts co-authored ISGS staff members were released this month. Additionally, 14 unpublished reports were completed and submitted to the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Curry, B.B. (ed.), 2008, The deglacial history and paleoenvironments of northeastern Illinois: Illinois State Geological Survey, Open File Series 2008-1, 175 p. Chapters include these by ISGS authors:
- Curry, B., K. Befus, and J. Clark, 2008, Stop 4: Oswego Channel, the 15,770 C-14 yr BP Oswego channel and evidence of its synchronous formation with other overflow channels, p. 88-94.
- Curry, B., M. Konen, and T. Larson, 2008, Stop 7: DeKalb Mounds—Archives of deglacial history and postglacial environments, p. 138-151.
- Curry, B., J. Saunders, and D. Voorhees, 2008, Stop 5: Mastodon Lake at Phillips Park, Aurora—History, education outreach, mastodons, cosmic dust(?), and geology, p. 95-122.
- Fox, N., J. Thomason, B. Curry, and D. Grimley, 2008, Stop 2b: Wedron Silica Company Quarry, Sedimentological and paleontological evidence for evolving lacustrine environments prior to the last glacial maximum, Wedron southeast section, p. 73-78.
- Hajic, E., and B. Curry, 2008, Stop 1: Buffalo Rock State Park: Large floods and rapid deglaciation of the Lake Michigan Lobe and environs, p. 62-67.
- Jacobs, P., M. Konen, and B. Curry, 2008, Stop 6: LaFarge sand and gravel pit—A buried catena of the Farmdale-Sangamon geosol complex, Elburn, Illinois, p. 123-137.
- Stohr, C., T. Kemmis, A. Stumpf, J. Thomason, and B. Curry, 2008, Stop 9: Thelen sand and gravel pits—Sedimentology of kame terrace deposits, northwestern Lake County, Illinois, p. 164-175.
- Thomason, J., 2008, Stop 2a: Wedron Silica Company Quarry: Stratigraphic succession of glacial deposits at Wedron, IL, p. 68-73.
Denny, F.B., and J.A. Devera, 2008, Bedrock geology of Elsah Quadrangle, Jersey and Madison Counties, Illinois: Illinois State Geological Survey, Illinois Geologic Quadrangle Map, IGQ Elsah-BG, 2 sheets, 1:24,000.
Frankie, W.T., J.A. Devera, and M. Seid, 2008, Guide to the geology of the Horseshoe Lake State Conservation Area and surrounding area, Alexander County, Illinois: Illinois State Geological Survey, Field Trip Guidebook 2008A, 48 p.
McKay, E.D. III, R.C. Berg, A.K. Hansel, T.J. Kemmis, and A.J. Stumpf, 2008, Quaternary deposits and history of the ancient Mississippi River valley, north-central Illinois: Fifty-first Midwest Friends of the Pleistocene field trip, an ISGS centennial field trip, May 13-15, 2005: Illinois State Geological Survey, Guidebook 35, 98 p.
Chou, M.-I. M., and S.-F. J. Chou, 2008, Future building blocks—Energy efficient concrete with class F fly ash: 23rd International Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management, March 30-April 2, 2008, p. 616-618. CD-ROM.
Johnson, B.A., J. Stravers, M. Konen, and M. Wright, 2008, Quaternary geologic map of Blackhawk Quadrangle: De Kalb, Northern Illinois University, EDMAP, 1:24,000, 2 sheets.
Lasemi, Z., D.G. Mikulic, and S.D. Elrick, 2008, Annual mining review: Illinois: Mining Engineering, v. 60, no. 5, p. 69-72.
Chou, M.-I. M., and S.-F. J. Chou, 2008, Future building blocks—Energy efficient concrete with class F fly ash: 23rd International Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management, March 30-April 2, 2008, Philadelphia, PA, Abs. P1, p. 109.
Chou, M.-I.M., L.-M. Chen, S.-F.J. Chou, and J.W. Stucki, 2008, Successful production of fired bricks using IGCC slag&38212;A preliminary technical feasibility study: 23rd International Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management, March 30-April 2, 2008, Philadelphia, PA, Abs. 2A, p. 16
Lasemi, Z., 2008, High-calcium limestone resources of Illinois: Reserves and rising demand: 44th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals, May 11-16, 2008, Program Abstracts, p.18.
Lasemi, Z., D.G. Mikulic, and X. Miao, 2008, An overview of the industrial minerals of Illinois: 44th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals, May 11-16, 2008, Program Abstracts, p. 34-35.
Leetaru, H.E., S.M. Frailey, J. Damico, R.J. Finley, J.H. McBride, and D.G. Morse, 2008, Developing a geological model for the Phase III (ADM) saline sequestration validation site: Seventh Annual Conference on Carbon Capture and Sequestration, Sheraton at Sheraton Station, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 5-8, 2008, Poster 446. CD-ROM.